Thread: inside Pillars

inside Pillars

I'm new to Home Designer Pro 7. Does anyone know how to add pillars indoors? I'm trying to add pillars/posts at the end of the foyer (on both sides). ideas? Thanks.

Hi tom,

There are pillars (columns) listed in your library. You can also use soffits or geometric shapes.
    Click on the Library button then on Library Search. In the Search field enter column.

It will be very helpful to all of us if you would enter the Name of your BH&G product and the Version in your Signature. To enter the information in your signature, click on Quick Links near the top of the page by Log Out. In the drop-down box click Edit Signature. Enter your information and click Save Signature.

Tom, take a hop over to this link. Somewhere in that link is a zip file for columns that will be more suitable than those in Pro for use.

http://www.chieftalk.com/showthread.php?t=23366

The one that I am using in my plans has a corner column, a column that sets on the edge of a door frame, and a full column.

While you are there, because you are using Pro 7 take a look at all the other ALB zip files, only Pro 7 can use ALB files done in Chief ver 10 or less.
    Home Designer Pro 10

I created large brick pillars, outside, by tiny rooms with brick walls. They have their own problems too.
    BH&G Pro Rev. 7.08
    Central SW Ontario, Canada
    -AMD AthlonX2 4400, 2GB, Win XP Pro
    -GeForce 8600GT
    -80GB Internal, 1TB External HDD

I built a house using this and am still find it Mickey Mouse quality.