Platform edge showing through exterior wall material

I have a 1 1/2 story house (essentially an attic buildout) and have cedar shake shingles defined as my exterior wall material on the 2nd floor. When looking at the front wall of house, a band of white is showing in the front gable above the gable windows. I have set the exterior wall material for the gable wall on the 2nd floor and the attic wall above it to cedar shakes. All other 2nd floor gables display properly except for this one. I have tried using the painter tool with cedar shakes selected as the material, but when I click it on this area, a message is displayed saying that the color cannot be applied to the edge of a platform. I have a vaulted ceiling and this appears to be showing at the same location as my ceiling touches the outside wall, just can't figure out why or what this "platform edge" is. Any ideas?

Thanks a bunch!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail.JPG 
Views:	274 
Size:	175.1 KB 
ID:	5178  
    Cindy Brillante
    BHG HomeDesigner Pro, v7.08a

The program calls a floor a platform. On a deck you can select the "deck wall" or on a "railing wall" click on the Materials tab and you will see Platform Edge.

For your scenario, you might try using the soffit tool to make a "soffit skin" to cover the area. Make it the size of the platform and change the depth of it to .0625 or 1/16 of and inch.

Anybody know how to get rid of this edge, though?

I have lots of trouble with gable ends becoming invisible, etc.. The only solution I have found is to rebuild them from scratch and hope it doesn't happen again. Many times it does a few weeks later, while working on something else. This seems to be an inherent problem in this software at random.
    BH&G Pro Rev. 7.08
    Central SW Ontario, Canada
    -AMD AthlonX2 4400, 2GB, Win XP Pro
    -GeForce 8600GT
    -80GB Internal, 1TB External HDD

I built a house using this and am still find it Mickey Mouse quality.

Larry,

For the Gables, try going into the attic and changing the wall on the General tab by unselecting Attic wall.

If I ever get back to a full plan I will remeber that. Thanx.

This was happenning continuously on my outbuilding (barn/shed/workshop/construction trailer) and I finally removed it from my plan to speed things up.

I am sure I have a lot of problems with my plan from letting Pro 7 "absorb" my Deluxe plan. I should have started over. It really isn't taht bad if you have a good print to start with. The long times are the creative side of things. The entry isn't that bad once you have practiced.
    BH&G Pro Rev. 7.08
    Central SW Ontario, Canada
    -AMD AthlonX2 4400, 2GB, Win XP Pro
    -GeForce 8600GT
    -80GB Internal, 1TB External HDD

I built a house using this and am still find it Mickey Mouse quality.

I did import this design from my Deluxe version so maybe this is why I am having flooky problems like this. I tried unchecking the attic wall option and then rebuilding walls/floors/ceilings but his didn't help. Thanks Rick for the soffit suggestion. This seems to be a quick solution for lot's of things. I made the chimney coming through the roof with a soffit and skylight. I kept having unpredictable results constructing it with walls and resorted to the soffit tool. It seems to be holding it's own now. Thanks Larry and Rick for the posts!!
    Cindy Brillante
    BHG HomeDesigner Pro, v7.08a

You're welcome Cindy
    Keep coming back