Terrain perimeter...

Hello everyone,

I am very new to HD Pro 8.0 and have tried to start simply with a terrain perimeter for my current house. I have all the measurements for the different perimeter sections but i cannot simply enter them in as you would build a wall giving me the dimensions as you draw. I would simply like to draw the dimensions myself and have HD fill in what i have drawn with the terrain but it does not seem possible. Therefore I am forced to stretching to shape of the pre-given rectangle and not having any perimeter dimensions for sections that go at an angle. or if a dimension is given it is one I do not need and not the dimension of the perimeter line i am drawing or extending.

I appreciate anyone who can help me with this. Thanks

erick

Hi erick,

If you have a manual look in the Index for "Creating a Plot Plan". If you don't have a manual you will need to go to the program help.

You can edit the perimeter line by first clicking on it. Another toolbar will appear. On that toolbar is the Break line tool. Use it to break the perimeter line and move it. You can also double-click on a perimeter line and you will get a Terrain Specification dialog box. Click on the Selected Line tab. You can enter the Length and Angle of the line.

Good luck?

Erick,
    Go to help>view reference manual. I have the printed manual and the "online" version is exactly the same.

Sorry, should have checked first: there are step-by-step instructions for creating plot plans as well as set-back lines in Help. They were in the Pro 7 printed manual but it looks like they took it out.
    Last edited by CDS; 03-28-2008 at 10:37 AM.
    Doug S.

HD Pro 9 (Build 9.6.1.1)
    Sketchup 7
    Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Quote Originally Posted by Erick

I would simply like to draw the dimensions myself and have HD fill in what i have drawn with the terrain but it does not seem possible. Therefore I am forced to stretching to shape of the pre-given rectangle and not having any perimeter dimensions for sections that go at an angle. or if a dimension is given it is one I do not need and not the dimension of the perimeter line i am drawing or extending.

erick
    - Try opening a terrain line dbx (d.click the line) There you should find lengths and angles.
    - I put manual dimensions on all my lot perimeter lines and when I stretch, the dimensions go with it until I get what you want. They also show up on my plan.
    - I found a drawback and reduced my terrain size. When you render in 3D the house rotates on the centre of the terrain (largest objects) and sometimes the house is not in the picture (can never see the back or one side). I centered my house on a phoney property and made another copy for landscaping purposes only.
    BH&G Pro Rev. 7.08
    Central SW Ontario, Canada
    -AMD AthlonX2 4400, 2GB, Win XP Pro
    -GeForce 8600GT
    -80GB Internal, 1TB External HDD

I built a house using this and am still find it Mickey Mouse quality.