Question Change Wall Height

Hi,

I need to change all the walls (exterior and interior) from 8' to 12'. I tried changing the default setting from 8' to 12' but, that does not seem to work...is there another way?

Thanks

Wall height is determined by ceiling height. Try opening the rooms and changing the ceiling height to 12 ft.
    Dan Park
    Customer Support Manager
    Chief Architect, Inc

Wall Height

Using HD Deluxe 7.0 can I manipulate the wall height after drawing?

You can't (and normally don't need to) adjust wall heights in Deluxe. Instead, you can adjust the ceiling or floor height for the room and the wall will adjust automatically.

If you need a partial or half wall as a room separator, there are 2 different ways to do this. You can create a railing and change it to a "solid" railing type or you can create an opening in a wall using a doorway that goes from any height up to the ceiling. The doorway can have the casing removed and gives you some more power as far as what can be done.

In HD Pro or Chief Architect, you can adjust the height of individual walls which is useful in certain situations.

Thanks Kilgore. I think my failure was trying to open the wall instead of the floor/ceiling. I'm on it!

MikeY

changing wall height

Is it possible to change a wall height? I know you can just change the ceiling height but that is not what I am trying to do. I want to construct a 5' wall inside of an 9' room?

Thank you

What version of the software do you have? Unless you have Pro, you can't adjust the height of a wall.

If you have a version 7.0 or newer Home Designer product, you should be able to use a solid railing and set it to the height you want.

It seems as though version 6 couldn't adjust the height of a railing and if you have the older version of the software, use a soffit instead.

Article Number 317: How to change the height of an individual wall to create a half wall or partial wall
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

thanks

Thanks for your suggestion. It worked a treat.
    This forum is so helpful for us novices!

Thanks,
    I really appreciate the help!

Change wall height

I am trying to make a wall in a room smaller than the other walls. Essentially, I am trying to create a pass-thru wall for my kitchen, which is an open kitchen, so I either need to cut out the pass-thru thru the wall or shorten the wall. Here is what I have so far. The wall behind the table is what needs to be shorten so that I can open up the kitchen to the dining room. Any ideas? I a total newbie. Much thanks!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	469 
Size:	118.9 KB 
ID:	8281  

Article Number 44: How to create a pass-through
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

Awesome

Thanks to all that responded and provided links to more information. I have found this HomeTalk site to be very user friendly and the advise provided is great!!

Thank you all so much. I tried and it worked.