Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hybrid View

ok the difference is your back wall is continous. I have a hidden wall in the window box because I am inserting a garden tub there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hills.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	153.5 KB 
ID:	5291  
    home designer pro 7.08
    roofs/ceilings are killing me!

ok got working but I swear I tried this all before. set invisible wall to gable. thanks for all the help. now I will have to move on to a cathedral ceiling that does not go all the way to the roof
    home designer pro 7.08
    roofs/ceilings are killing me!

You're welcome...

The wall being continuous as you state in post #17 doesn't have anything to do with it. If you draw it continuous and set it to Gable, then use the wall break tool and break the wall where each of the Box window wall intersect the main house wall, then select the Wall tool or the Select arrow (if you don't select the wall tool or the select arrow you will continue putting wall breaks in your wall) and double-click in the middle of the main house wall you just placed the breaks in. Under the General tab select Invisible.

I didn't do it in my model because I was lazy and it had not bearing on the outcome.

For the cathedral ceiling, open the Room Specification dialog box. Under the Structure tab, unselect "Ceiling Over this Room".