Hybrid View

YEAH!! I did It-The stairwell

I finally got my floor back but I do have some questions. The rail is too long and the wall where the washer and dryer are is a half wall. Also there is a 12" base under the washer and dryer. Do I use a soffit to raise them or is there an easier way? I hope I attached the correct pictures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Laundry Area north 4-4-08.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	5380   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000756-laundry area.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	5381  
    Thanks,
    Sue in Wyoming

Pro 8.0--Received--4-24-08
    Home Designer Suite 6.04
    New Computer
    AMD Athlon 64X2 Dual Core Processor 6400+
    3.21GHz, 3.00GB of RAM
    Western Digital 74GB (10,000) SATA HD
    500GB (7,200) SATA HD
    500GB External HD (7,200) IDE HD
    eVga Geforce 8800 GT 512MB Video Card
    wireless PCI care
    Norton Save and Restore
    Windows XP Pro
    http://www.sewezdesigns.com

The easiest way to make a half wall is to make a solid railing. If you draw a raling instead of a wall, you can open up the railing dialog and check the box for solid.

In your case, based on the picture, I would give you a different suggestion. You can put a doorway in your wall instead. Then go into an elevation view, and raise the bottom of the doorway up and then set the casing width to 0. This would let you keep the part of the wall on the end that looks like a post.

You could also use an invisible wall to make a rooom and then set the floor height up 12" for your washer base. I think the soffit is probably easier though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout
    The easiest way to make a half wall is to make a solid railing. If you draw a raling instead of a wall, you can open up the railing dialog and check the box for solid.

In your case, based on the picture, I would give you a different suggestion. You can put a doorway in your wall instead. Then go into an elevation view, and raise the bottom of the doorway up and then set the casing width to 0. This would let you keep the part of the wall on the end that looks like a post.

You could also use an invisible wall to make a rooom and then set the floor height up 12" for your washer base. I think the soffit is probably easier though.
    Kilgore--thanks for your reply. Can you tell me how to do a doorway? When I do it I end up with a door. I haven't tried the soffit yet.
    Thanks,
    Sue in Wyoming

Pro 8.0--Received--4-24-08
    Home Designer Suite 6.04
    New Computer
    AMD Athlon 64X2 Dual Core Processor 6400+
    3.21GHz, 3.00GB of RAM
    Western Digital 74GB (10,000) SATA HD
    500GB (7,200) SATA HD
    500GB External HD (7,200) IDE HD
    eVga Geforce 8800 GT 512MB Video Card
    wireless PCI care