House Wizard in Pro 7.0

First post here, appreciate any help you can give me:

I've used the House Wizard tool in Pro 7 (and 6) and quite pleased with it. After I get my rooms all situated, I ask do the Tools > House Wizard > Build House and it works quite well.

But...

The plan that is built does NOT use my default setting that I have requested for the plan. For example, I've specced Brick-6 for my exterior walls and Interior-4 for my interiors, but no matter what I do, when you use the House Wizard it uses the default wood frame 16" setting.

Am I doing something wrong, or is there no way to override the House Wizard? My defaults work fine when I build the walls myself but not when I use the wizard.

Thanks in advance,

Adam

No, that is the way the tool is written (that is exactly the way it works in Chief Architect Version 10 also). You just change the walls to the wall type you want after conversion. Not as elegant as could be possible but still workable.

DJP

Yes, I Open Object to define the wall type but there is only one option, 16" OC, in the pull down menu. The define button is active but the default wall cannot be changed, so everything is grayed out, and there are no options anywhere to add a user defined wall type or change to a different wall type. If I start a new plan using a template style there are 16 other wall types to choose from, but these are all missing in the plan I made using House Wizard. How can I get them back?

My best guess is that the template plan you started with doesn't have any walls in it. In Pro, you can change the wall types that are in the define wall types dialog but you can't add or remove any. If your plan does not have any walls other then the default wood frame wall, then they are probably not there. You can verify this by just starting a new plan using that template and seeing what walls are there when you start.

You may want to start over in a new plan that has walls.

Semi-related question to defaults...just not in pro. After I've already built the house...if I change the default for the window materials for example...will it apply it to the windows already in place?
    ~Angelica~
    HD 7.0

That depends on whether the windows in the plan have their material set to "use default" or set to some material. When you first place a window into a plan, the materials are set to "use default". If you change the default material, then all the windows in your plan will change. If you open any window in your plan and change it's material to something other then "use default" then it won't change. If you use the material painter (or spray can) on a window, you are changing the material and it won't be set to "use default" any more.