Thread: Trellis

Trellis

Can we build a trellis on the patio instead of a deck?

klafever,
    I'm not sure what what you are asking. When I think of a trellis, it think of a structure that is vertical, like a wall and can be built anywhere.
    When I think of a patio I think of a slab or stones arranged on the ground. When I think of a deck, I think of a structure that is raised off of the ground, and built on posts or logs.

Can you post a picture?

For future visits to this forum it will be very helpful to all of us if you would enter the Name of your BH&G product and the Version in your Signature. It is especially important now that the new version 8 products have been released. To enter the information in your signature, click on Quick Links near the top of the page by Log Out. In the drop-down box click Edit Signature. Enter your information and click Save Signature.

Trellis that has a slotted top...that usually people grow vines on it. Also called a pergola. I have the Home Designer Deluxe version. We have built our existing house but can't figure out how to do the trellis on the back with a beam running across. Is there a way on this version?

Pergolas with the beams/arches can be inserted onto the porch or deck areas. Suggestion, if you use a Library Pergola, work in vector view for alignment if you should want the deck railing. If you don't want railing, make invisible.

There are also some bonus sunroom fixture items that can be "hung" from a railing beam.

Then there is the landscape library trellis; which also can be placed near a deck's wall, plus there is lattice work that can be used as a trellis.

Then, there is the arches.
    Home Designer Pro 10

Thank you for the help! It's much appreciated!

I am wanting a pergola on each side of a covered-not enclosed patio. How do I make the covered/roofed patio without changing the existing roof plan?

Check out the pics and the solutions in the following thread. Discusses exactly what you are trying to do, with two approaches provided.

http://hometalk.homedesignersoftware...ead.php?t=6525
    Home Designer Pro 10