Complicated roof

I have HD Pro 6. I have succeeded in making a roof (see attached) that is not quite correct and would like to fix it. The ridge top of the large gable on the rear of the house does not actually lie beneath the ridge top of the main roof as shown in the image. In reality there is a small triangular piece of roof that rises from the main ridge top and joins with the rear of the gable to make a sort of cap that is visible from the front of the house. I have tried for hours to manually draw a third roof plane starting at the ridge top and then joining it to the existing gable planes. Nothing seems to work. I watched and worked along with the roof tools video but so far I can see no solution. Any suggestions?

PC
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rooftop.jpg 
Views:	518 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	260  

Similar roofing problem

The previous owner of my house converted the porch into a sunroom. I am trying to accurately render my existing house before I go and make additions. I am having a problem with the roof over the sunroom.

The house is shaped somewhat like a T with the sunroom hanging on one side of the T.

I can get the roof correct over both parts of the T. However, when I try to add a gull wing roof to cover the sunroom, I get a very oddly shaped roof. In fact, any ceiling/roof over the sunroom causes the rest of the roof to get messed up.

See attached snapshot for the house and the missing part of the roof.

Any suggestions on how to add the sunroom roof?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	home designer roof problem.JPG 
Views:	479 
Size:	19.7 KB 
ID:	262