wood plank flooring

How do I change the direction of the wood plank flooring? When I choose the plank flooring from materials, the planks run from front wall to back wall, I want the planks to run side wall to side wall. I have HD8.
    Last edited by someday; 05-17-2008 at 10:56 AM.

Pro 7 has input boxes for "pattern angle" and "Texture Angle" as part of the "Define Material Dialog - Pattern and Texture" tabs respectively, look for it by selecting your existing wood floor material via the room dialog - material tab, select the flooring you want to edit/alter, click on the "edit" button which then gives you the "Define Material Dialog" for the selected material.
    David
    HD Pro 7.08b
    (since Dec. '05)
    HD ver. 6 (briefly)
    Compaq Laptop
    w/Vista Home Prem.
    Designer / Songwriter
    Owner-Builder
    Engineer / Musician

... Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons . .

Hi Judy,
    Did you try opening the Room Specification dialog box and selecting Materials, then Floor Covering, then click on the Library Material button. In the Library under Flooring click on Wood, then either Maple or Oak. In the Select Library Object dialog box you will the the various selections. Any of the choices that have the -r behind the name have the direction rotated 90 degrees. Hopefully your software will have these choices.

For future visits to this forum it will be very helpful to all of us if you would enter the Name of your BH&G product and the Version in your Signature. It is especially important now that the new version 8 products have been released. To enter the information in your signature, click on Quick Links near the top of the page by Log Out. In the drop-down box click Edit Signature. Enter your information and click Save Signature.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flooring.JPG 
Views:	234 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	6368  

Hi Judy.

I don't think you have to do that, You can't edit the materials in the locked library items, but you can copy them to the "My Materials" folder and then you can edit them.
    With Pro 8 you have 4 tabs at the top, in the texture tab you can edit the rotation angle, scale and origin. I don't know if you have those tabs?

If you can't you can find the material files in C:\Program Files\Chief Architect Inc\Home Designer 8, and either textures or old textures folders, and you should be able to find what you are looking for in one of the folders in side. and you can edit it in a program like "paint"( it should have come with your computer), or some other program. and just import it back though the "add materials" in you "my materials" in the library browser.

Rick and Dave

In Pro 8 they did not include any of the rotated materials, instead of the 10 that you have in version 7 there are only 5 in version 8, also the flooring called maple in version 7 is called fir in version 8 and the maple ones are different.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fir.JPG 
Views:	230 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	6376   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maple.JPG 
Views:	240 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	6377   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	edit.JPG 
Views:	241 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	6378  
    Douglas Wilson
    BH&G Home Designer Pro 8
    BH&G Home Designer Deluxe 7.08
    Custom Desktop
    Windows 7 pro 64bit
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB DDR3 RAM
    Nvidia GeForce 220 1GB VRAM

Thank you all for your help. I'll be looking into your suggestions that will work with HD8 to get the results I want and then I'll let you know what worked best.

Judy
    HD8