Threaded View

Build Terrain Crashes PC

Finally jumped into terrain, and I am getting nowhere fast. I built my house without a terrain perimeter. When I add the perimeter, then click Build Terrain, my PC totally freezes up, every time. Thinking there might be something wrong with my design file, I started a new design, added only a terrain perimeter, clicked Build Terrain and KAPOW - frozen again.

So, I copied my downloaded program file to another PC, installed it, transferred my design and I could work on Terrain just fine. That PC is much older and not as good as the one that crashes.

On the PC that crashes, I can generate Full Overview of a fully furnished house without any problem - it goes smoothly and quite quickly. I do recall that a couple of times when I tried to load a sample design the PC froze then too, but not every time.

I know nothing about video cards and their issues, and fear opening that can of worms again (searched the forum and the dirt on video cards is deep!), but in my blissful ignorance I would think (ha!) that if I can do a Full Overview, I should be able to Build Terrain! But what do I know...

Obviously my download is not corrupt, but I wonder about my installation? I have put in a support ticket, but meanwhile wondered if you guys have any ideas?

Thanks,
    llfalcon
    Architectural Home Designer 8.0