Threaded View

Larry, I was thinking the same thing about perhaps the other applications just have not accessed that particular memory address.

What is good alcohol? Makers Mark? Absolut? Tanqueray? or are we talking about denatured alcohol? something else all together?

Thanks to all for the support and suggestions. So far no luck. I ran the memtest thing last night, and everything passed. I updated the video driver, but that wasn't it. As soon as I find time, probably Saturday morning, I am going to pull my PC out from under this desk and do as y'all suggest, taking out one set of memory, then the other. Heck, the additonal 2G was less than $50, so if I need to match that up, fine, so be it. I love AHD8 so much I'll probably buy a new PC if I have to! Or I could just continue to run it on my spouse's older PC with the 1G (he might not like that!). It doesn't run well at all on my new laptop. I bought it earlier this year before I got into AHD, and didn't know about the integrated video card issue. It renders some really wierd stuff.

Once I find the cure, I'll post in case it happens to some other desperate soul. Please, PC Gods, don't make me call Dell suppport...

Thanks,
    llfalcon
    Architectural Home Designer 8.0