Thread: Shed Roof

Shed Roof

I have been trying to add a shed roof to an addition I'm designing I have done everything they tell me about reversing layers and everything else and it keeps building the roof on the foundation and not the top of the 2nd floor where it should be.

First and Foremost, what software are you using? Could you PLEASE go to your User CP and edit your signature to include your software product / version?
    Lastly, can you post a pic of what you're getting?
    Thanks
    BB Boy (Bob E)
    Home Designer Pro 10
    Home Designer Pro 7.08a
    Home Designer Pro 6.04
    Home Designer Suite 7
    Picture Painter Home & Landscape

Nashville-TN

“ The nicest thing about the future is that it always starts tomorrow”

How do I take a picture to send? The roof is on the foundation and the 1st and second floor is on top of it.
    HomeDesigner Pro 8

Renovating 1900 duplex!

1900 - there is a sticky thread at the top of the Q&A portion of this forum that details how to export a picture in HD software and how to post it in a thread. I include a link to it below.

http://hometalk.homedesignersoftware...read.php?t=376

You should also include a picture of your floor plan. Be sure to turn off the grid. I have found it adds to the file size, usually making it too large to post.

I have a question regarding your roof. Did you generate it manually or automatically? You may want to post a picture of the roof dialog box. You can use a screen capture software for that. I don't have Vista, but I believe it has the capability. Otherwise, search this forum and there was a thread about 6 months ago with links to various software.

Found it - http://hometalk.homedesignersoftware...oftware+export
    Last edited by don3211; 07-25-2008 at 06:53 AM.
    Don B.
    HD Pro 8 (Build 8.5.5.15)
    Windows XP Pro

Usually, if you see roof planes popping out in strange places, it means your walls are mis-aligned. This could happened if you built your foundation manually or moved some walls after auto building a floor.
    Doug S.

HD Pro 9 (Build 9.6.1.1)
    Sketchup 7
    Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit