ceiling height not staying put.

Well, I'm a touch disappointed after initial euphoria. Got the software recently, spent a half day or so watching basic tutorials and fooling with the ref. man. then in a very short period of time did a whole floor plan.

Set each room ceiling height as I went, all the same height. But now it seems that when I make some revisions I find that often one (not always the same) reverts back to the original default. Even if the revision is on the other side of the house and does not impact the room in question dimensionally or otherwise. The only way I know it happened is that I pick up a new roof plane as a result.

Did I miss some global setting?

Additionally, I'm disappointed in the number of manufacturers for windows and doors. Marvin is listed, but isn't there after getting a "download complete" notice. Where is Pella, Anderson, Velux, etc. Am I just missing something?
    Coastalcon
    Frank
    HD Pro 8

Quote Originally Posted by coastalcon
    Set each room ceiling height as I went, all the same height.
    You should have set your Floor defaults to the appropriate ceiling height first. If you have multiple floor heights, set it to the highest one and then use the "Lowered Ceiling" option in the Room Specification dialogs.

If you had gone through and changed all of your first floor ceiling heights, and then built a second floor, or if you broke the room definition somewhere along the way, you would most likely see the rooms revert back to their default values.

A while back we checked with CA to see what their recommended order for building things in the program was, you may want to check it out to avoid future problems: http://hometalk.homedesignersoftware...ead.php?t=3478

You should be able to edit windows, especially with all of the options of Pro, to approximate most windows regardless of the manufacturer. Do any of those companies offer 3D symbols of their doors/windows?
    Last edited by Katalyst777; 08-14-2008 at 11:32 AM.
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

Thanks, I just went back and set the defaults for this template. Hopefully that will solve the problem. I didn't do it initially because the rooms will end up with different heights.

Don't know about the manufacturers, but they are not listed as available, in fact no window and door mfgs other than Marvin who won't download. Additionally, every library search to date has locked up my computer giving me a program not responding note. Library browser seems to work but not search. I had hoped to use some of the mulled door units without having to build my own.
    Coastalcon
    Frank
    HD Pro 8

Pro 7 and 8 have Jeld Wen doors, which I believe have mulled units. You can create your own mulled units with Pro 8.
    Don B.
    HD Pro 8 (Build 8.5.5.15)
    Windows XP Pro