Hello, I'm trying to figure out how to color a wall more than one color, like if I wanted a certain color on one top half and a different color on the other bottom half, how would I do it? I'm also wondering about the bathroom walls that are half tiled, I really haven't a clue on how to do that, does anyone know? Thank you to whoever replies!

Sorry, I forgot to mention the software I have, its Designer Suite 8.0

We can give better advice if you let us know what software name and version you are using.

If you are using something other than HD Pro, you'll most likely have to use a soffit for part of the wall. Set it to 1/16" thick and you should not be able to see the soffit - it will look like another coat of paint on the wall.
    Don B.
    HD Pro 8 (Build 8.5.5.15)
    Windows XP Pro

Here is a link to one done with soffits, the attachment is done with partions, and the third option is to do it with the wall covering tab.

I have Pro 7, the soffit one was done in Home Designer 6.0.

http://hometalk.homedesignersoftware...ead.php?t=6778
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A Idiot I Am.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	7137  
    Home Designer Pro 10

Actually, I was trying to figure out how to use the soffits and I don't really know how to apply them. I would have thought that if I found how to do it on the help topics, it would of been easy but I haven't seen anything that actually tells you how to apply the soffits. So if someone can help me out since I'm pretty new at this, I would really appreciate it. Also, thanks don3211 for asking! By the way, how much different/better is the Pro?

Oh, another thing I forgot to ask is, how can you make the mirrors reflect? I have noticed that they reflect on the sample pictures they have here on this website but not when you actually insert a mirror in the design. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by 31013forever
    Oh, another thing I forgot to ask is, how can you make the mirrors reflect? I have noticed that they reflect on the sample pictures they have here on this website but not when you actually insert a mirror in the design. Thanks.
    This is the link to a tutorial that one of our forum members provided. Also, using Search, type in Mirrors and you will find a whole lot on the subject.

http://hometalk.homedesignersoftware...hlight=mirrors
    Home Designer Pro 10

Quote Originally Posted by 31013forever
    Actually, I was trying to figure out how to use the soffits and I don't really know how to apply them. I would have thought that if I found how to do it on the help topics, it would of been easy but I haven't seen anything that actually tells you how to apply the soffits. So if someone can help me out since I'm pretty new at this, I would really appreciate it.
    Soffits are found under the Cabinets parent tool. Just place one in your plan near the wall you want it applied to, then push it against the wall. Open the dbx and adjust dimensions some so that it comes close to the size you want. You'll make final adjustments in a 3D camera view, so it is not important to get the size too close at this point. However, go ahead and make the thickness 1/16" from the dbx. I can never remember which dimension that is, so I usually have to use a trial and error method. To go around features likes doors or windows, you will need mutiple soffits.
    Don B.
    HD Pro 8 (Build 8.5.5.15)
    Windows XP Pro

Thank you all so much, I finally got it