I'm Using Hd 7.09, Is There Anyway To Paint Half A Wall One Color And The Other Half Another Color?

"Is There Anyway To Paint Half A Wall One Color And The Other Half Another Color?"

Which half?

If you want to have one side of a wall one material and the other side another material (such as inside and outside), just open the wall dialog box and change the surface materials.

If you want to split a wall using a vertical line, you can use the wall break tool to make them to separate walls. For each wall you can then open the wall dialog and change the surface material.

If you want to split the wall along a horizontal line so the top is one material and the bottom is another, you can use the wall covering tool (if you have it in your version). You can setup a wall covering for a whole room by opening the room dialog or for a single wall by opening its dialog box.

Thanks All! The Answer Solves The Problem. I Have Hd 7.09

tile half way up wall

i dont want my tile all the way up the wall. how do i achieve a half wall of tile?

What version of the software are you using?
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

I think that using a "wall covering" is the best way to go but not all of the products have this tool.

Yes, you can pretty much set up as many wall coverings as you have the patience for, as long as they don't overlap each other.

So you can have one color of tile as a baseboard, another color up the wall, a fancy border trim on top of that, maybe some more tile, some wallpaper, and then a different wallpaper as a border at the top. You just have to carefully set the heights of all the different materials (and do that for every wall), so it can get quite time-consuming. I think this method works in all the software versions.
    Kathleen Moore
    Chief X6 X5 X4 X3 X2 -- Thea Render
    www.castleview3d.com
    Email: kathleen.moore@castleview3d.com
    Blog: "Life Should Be 3D"
    Follow CastleView 3D on Facebook or Houzz

Bernadette, did you know that you can apply a wall covering to "rooms" and to "walls" both? If you want to apply it to a whole room, you just open the room dialog and if you want to put it just on one wall, do it in the wall dialog. If your wall spans rooms, you can use the wall break tool to separate it.

How to add tiles to half a wall?

Ok here goes another question?

Can you add tile to just down half part of the wall...like in a bathroon or a kitchen, sometimes they have tiles but just in a section of the all and not the entire wall..

Do you have a wall covering tab?
    Allen Colburn Jr.

Chief Architect XII
    Home Designer Pro 8
    Home Designer Suite 8

Drafting for:
    http://www.artformhomeplans.com/

I would not use another wall as this can cause you frustrations with your other walls and rooms.

There are two common and relatively easy ways of doing this.

One is to use the wall covering tool. If you open up either the wall or room dialog (depending if you want this for the whole room or just a single wall in the room), you should see a tab called wall covering. There you can setup one or more different wall coverings that will cover a horizontal portion of your wall with a different material.

The other method is to use a thin soffit along a portion of the wall and apply a different material to the soffit. I think the soffit solution is more work but it will give you more control over situations where the wall covering tool won't work.