Thread: Walls

Walls

I have read here that walls can be made to slope. I have not yet ben able to do this. When I open a WALL dbx, there is no wall height adjustment, nor is there an ELEVATION VIEW of a wall that allows me to grab a handle and slope the wall.

Any info on these maneuvers would be appreciated.

I am using HD 7.09
    Joel Nuss
    HD 7.09

Sorry, Joel -- if I'm not mistaken, making walls slope is one of those "only in Pro and Chief" capabilities.
    Kathleen Moore
    Chief X6 X5 X4 X3 X2 -- Thea Render
    www.castleview3d.com
    Email: kathleen.moore@castleview3d.com
    Blog: "Life Should Be 3D"
    Follow CastleView 3D on Facebook or Houzz

You should be able to do it in the Cross-Section/Elevation view, as shown below.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wall.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	112.4 KB 
ID:	2331  
    Cris Waller
    HD Pro 7.08

Oops- missed that you don't have Pro- I think Kathleen is right on this one, unfortunately.
    Cris Waller
    HD Pro 7.08

Ahhhhh, so there are those fabled 'handles' on the walls! Did n[t think I would ever see them. Thanks.
    I suppose I will be moving up to Pro, but not before I exhaust HD 7.09...or myself or everyone else here om the forum.
    Hmmm, I suppose if I ask enough questions about what my version CANNOT do, and I ask them often enough, everyone here will get tired of it and just send me a copy of PRO just to shut me up.
    Joel Nuss
    HD 7.09

Hang around here long enough and at least someone may offer one at a good price; that's how I got mine, after going through a lot of what you did (it was the need for manual roof tools that got me!)
    Cris Waller
    HD Pro 7.08

I can live with the roof issues for now...it's the wall height & sloping walls that is starting to get to me...but too soon...I still have too much to learn with this version.
    Joel Nuss
    HD 7.09