Saving Pictures Using Vista

Hi, I'm a first-timer to this forum. I updated from Home Designer Deluxe to Home Designer Pro 7 in June 07. I recently got a new laptop with Vista Home Premium ... the previous laptop used Windows XP. My problem is that now when I want to save 3-D rendered pictures (to use as reflections in mirrors and to email to friends, etc) the pictures come across as vector views/images no matter how I save it. It worked fine in XP so I'm figuring that the problem could be with Vista. Anyone else experiencing this or can give me an idea of what I am doing differently? Help!

I have Nvidia GeForce Go 6150 Graphics. I have searched Chieftalk and nothing there addresses my problem.

Contact support
    Think I read some threads on this before,but didn't pay attention to them..
    You could do a search here or their data base with "Vista"..
    Good luck..
    Allen Colburn Jr.

Chief Architect XII
    Home Designer Pro 8
    Home Designer Suite 8

Drafting for:
    http://www.artformhomeplans.com/

You could also try using the Print Screen button (should be on the top right side of your keyboard). This will capture the whole screen and then you can paste it into a "paint" type program and crop the borders.

Kilgore,

I'm willing to try anything. Sorry to sound ignorant, but how do I use the "print screen"? I go to my "picture" and then do what? Hit the key by itself, with control & alt or in conjunction with the shift key? Anyone?

i think you hit ctrl>print screen
    "Bobby"
    Better Homes & Gardens Home Designer Suite 7.09
    Better Homes & Gardens Home Designer Basic 6.04
    You Learn Something New Every Day!

I'll give it a try.

The print screen button is a Windows system button. All you need to do is click on it and it will capture everything that is on your screen at that moment and put it onto the windows clipboard. You then need to open up some kind of "paint" program or any other program that lets you edit pictures. I like Paint Shop Pro but pretty much anything will do. In Paint Shop Pro, all I have to do is hit Control-V to paste the screen image into the program. I then crop it to remove everything I don't want in the picture.

Hey guys... thanx for the tip about print screen. Working with vista is different all around because nothing showed up on the clipboard by just hitting the prt sc key. My husband helped me figure it out a few minutes ago. In "accessories" there is a snipping tool. I used it and IT WORKED! I was able to save my 3-D rendered picture in my "Pictures" folder, as well as see it on the clipboard. I hope this helps someone else as well.
    Thanx, again.

I did contact Tech Support on Friday past and their suggestion was to go online and upgrade my drivers. That was unsuccessful.

Now that I have my problem figured out, I can really get down to enjoying my new laptop. Hopefully in the very near future, Vista and HD Pro will work out the kinks and I go about saving and exporting my pictures the way I used to in XP. As a newbie, I'm glad to see that this forum really works!