UnHappy Partial Basement

I want to design a house where only a percentage of the foundation is basement and the remainder is the standard 24 inch crawl space foundation.

Example: The house is 30(D) x 45(L).

I want 20 ft of the first floor to have only a 24 inch foundation and the remainder of the floor to be the starting point for a 9 ft basement in a building going east to west. My basement walkout starts from south to north.

Right now when I select foundation I get the whole building as having a 9 ft basement. (I end up using the excess space as an underground garage).

I have tried resizing the basement level, but then I don't have a foundation under the first floor, and I don't understand how to get a seperate foundation for the first floor. Makes the render view look like there is a hole under the first floor.

Use foundation walls in the basement to make separate rooms and then adjust the heights...
    In the basement ceiling height moves the floor..

a basement "room" with ceiling less than 68" is considered a crawl space by the software (even Chief) and won't show a floor.

Use a soffit with a gray material to act as the floor.
    Allen Colburn Jr.

Chief Architect XII
    Home Designer Pro 8
    Home Designer Suite 8

Drafting for:
    http://www.artformhomeplans.com/

Smile Partial Basement - IT WORKED

Thank you Allen, I got exactly what I was wanting with one simple stroke. I started with the crawl space at 36 inches, then went to the lower level, dragged the extended wall down to the lower outer wall, clicked inside and resized the ceiling to 109 inches.

And no there is not an error in the foundation; I have a lowered room showing it's foundation.

You folks are the best for resolving simple issues.
    Last edited by Deirdre; 04-06-2008 at 06:06 PM.

Your welcome...
    Allen Colburn Jr.

Chief Architect XII
    Home Designer Pro 8
    Home Designer Suite 8

Drafting for:
    http://www.artformhomeplans.com/