Craftsman-Style Square Columns

I am trying to create a craftsman-style half-wall with a square column on top of it. I can create the half-wall just fine, but I can't find a square column in the library and am not sure how to build one from scratch. Any help/thoughts will be greatly appreciated. I've attached a picture of what I'm trying to do. I'm still learning the program so please forgive me if I've overlooked something obvious. Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Craftsman-Columns.gif 
Views:	565 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	310  

I had a similar problem when trying to recreate my front porch. Square columns. I ended up using the Soffit tool to build them from scratch and was even able to approximate the base tiering but I note your columns are slighly tapered down as they rise. I don't know if that can be fully replicated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	porch.jpg 
Views:	508 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	311  

You don't say what version you are using, but if yours has the slab tool, you might be able build them with that. You can build a lot of things out of slabs. I've not confirmed it, but I understand that objects built with slabs can't be resized in 3D like soffits, so that is one disadvantage of the tool.

I'm using HD Pro 7.0. I'm not as concerned with the tapering, so I'll give the soffit idea a try. Thanks!

Take a look at the article we just published on building a fireplace. There are some ideas used there that can be applied here.

http://www.homedesignersoftware.com/...?faqNumber=744
    Dan Park
    Customer Support Manager
    Chief Architect, Inc

That looks a lot like what I'm trying to do. I think I can definitely leverage those techniques. Thanks Dan!