Hybrid View

I am a novice. So I am sure I messed something up somehow. If I make a change and make the wall exterior, so I get siding on the outside, I will then get siding on the upper part of the "hallway & Kitchen wall, since its the same shared wall. Would it help if you were able to view the actual project to see what I did?

Yeah you are right. I would have thought that the software would be smart enough to figure this one out on its own. This would only be an issue with split level walls, since the height is split between multiple floors.

I have come up with my own way to fudge this and I am in the middle of trying it out. I have set the wall to exterior, so that siding will be correct. Of course this will then put the same siding on the interior. I then am adding a soffit on the wall surface. I have set the thickness to 1/16 of an inch and will make it the size of the wall (Covering the top and bottom section. I then will be able to add my crown moulding and paint this wall the same color as the reminder of the room. This would minimaly affect the dimensions of the room since the soffit is only 1/16 of an inch.