Question Glass Block shower

Hello. I just got HD Deluxe and am using it to design a new home so please forgive the newbie questions.

I saw this article on creating a marble bath http://www.homedesignersoftware.com/support/marble.html and liked the idea of the glass block shower.

I want to build a glass block wall, connected to one interior wall and open at the other end (I connected it to another wall with an invisible section so I could make a room and drop the floor a couple inches). Two things I can't figure out.

1. I do not want the wall to be full-height. I saw other posts about using railings to do half-height walls but what I want is a gap of about 10" between the top of the glass block and the ceiling.

2. The how-to article talks about making the block translucent so the effects of lighting on the opposite side of the wall are rendered. I can not get that to work. Tried creating my own version of Glass-Block based on the library version but no matter what I tried, I can not get it to be anything but opaque (even when it is set to partial transparency).

I'm considering buying Pro for several reasons. I know it solves these problems but wanted to know if there is an upgrade price for current HD owners.

Thanks!

1. You can set the height of the railing wall to be whatever you want.

2. You should be able to get the partial transparancy to work in deluxe. Did you change the material in the library browser? If so, then you need to paint it onto the wall again. When you change materials in the library, they won't effect what is already being used in your plan. If you want to change what is in your plan only, you can use the rainbow tool.