Seperating room specifications

Is there a way to seperate a room into two rooms without using a wall? I have a bathroom and shower area that are not seperated by a door, or soffit, or anything else. I want the wall colors, base molding, and floor cover to be differnt between the bathroom and shower area. Is there anyway to do that? I am using Interior Designer 8.0. Thanks, Bill

Yes it's possible with.....

Hi Bill,

Yes, it is possible with an Invisible Wall, otherwise the wall colours that you apply will overrun each other. With an invisible wall, call one portion (i.e. the bath - bath and the toilet - office) and then apply the different colours to each room individually, either with the room dialog box or in 3D with the paint brush.

It's the only way to do it. I've included the 2D and 3D results. If you require more explanation don't hesitate to ask okay?

Yours in construction

Wynter Myst
    Last edited by Wynter Myst; 02-01-2009 at 06:25 PM.
    2007 HDDeluxe 7
    2008 AHDesign 8
    http://mcdb.jimdo.com
    S - Windows XP, Vista

"Witchcraft does not work on this program "

Seperating room specifications

Thanks Wynter Mist;

I will give it a try. The seperation I am looking for is between a curbless shower and the rest of the bathroom. I will be trying to put the shower curtain on top of the invisible wall. We shall see. Bill

Wynter is absolutely right, that's the purpose of the Invisibible wall tool. You can also find this info, plus more, in the online Help Database.

Article Number 886: How to create a custom glass shower enclosure
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7