Thread: pa enclosure

Question pa enclosure

Hello,

I'm just learning to use BHG Architectural Design. My first project is to build a roof and possibly full enclosure over a large existing outdoor spa. Can anyone point me in the right direction to begin designing this? The spa is not attached to the house.

Thanks!

Ron

The best place to begin is probably going to be watching the tutorial videos, going over the Users Guide, looking at the software's Help and online Help Database and then when you get stumped on something, post here and we'll be more than happy to try to help!
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

Thanks, Kat. I've started with the tutorials and looked through online help and this forum for gazebos and shelters but don't see much. I guess what I meant was is my aim to learn to build a stand-alone deck or patio and then build the gazebo the way I want it over that?

Ron

spa Enclosure the Beginning.....

HI Jazzman,

Welcome to the world of Architectural Design 8.0, you'll see in my signature that I use that too!

Not knowing for sure what you wanted, I sort of imagine that you have an outdoor spa.

Therefore, I took the biggest one (which comes with Bonus Content for AHD 8 under User Contents at HomeDesignerSoftware website okay?).

First choose new plan on startup, I chose the default plan in metric okay?

Then either draw four walls for a garage of about 6600 x 6600 or if you want to be adventurous go under Tools and chose House Wizard then choose Garage, then place it wherever you want (I did in the middle of my blank plan) and then go back under tools and choose Build House.

Therefore, after I did that, I changed all the four walls materials to glass grey, then build the foundation (slab not footing under Build, Floor, Build Foundation and chose Monolithic Slab press okay) your screen will change from showing floor 1 to floor 0, go back to floor 1.

Then I added the spa in the middle of the garage (enclosure okay?) then change the flooring of the garage from concrete to grass (found under landscaping in your library browser). Then create a double french door with glass doors (again under library browser) and change the exterior and interior trim to oak (my favourite wood yes, but use whatever you want okay?). Added doorways which I then reduced to sizes of small windowless frames, mine came out at 900 x 1200, changed the materials there to for trim.

After that I went into library browser under millwork, found columns and changed the materials for that then placed them at the four corners to support the roof as I imagined that you might want a clear (i.e. glass) type enclosure (just my imagination here okay - that's what I would like ahaha!).

Then changed the roof material to cedar shingles found uner roofing in library browser.

This program is simple just try out stuff (yes make errors and laugh at it, then start again, nothing is set in concrete here with AHD!).

And voila, something that might be suitable as an enclosure for your spa.

Hope you like what you see!

Yours in construction and AHD
    Wynter Myst
    Last edited by Wynter Myst; 02-01-2009 at 06:25 PM.
    2007 HDDeluxe 7
    2008 AHDesign 8
    http://mcdb.jimdo.com
    S - Windows XP, Vista

"Witchcraft does not work on this program "

Winter Myst,

Witchcraft may not help in this situation but a nudge in the right direction from those wiser in the ways of design than myself sure does! Thanks for the advice and I'll go work on it right now. When I get it right I'll send you back the design.

Ron
    Jazzman
    Architural Home Designer 8.0

"Those of you who are psychic, raise my hand."