What is wrong with this wall?

Can anyone tell me what's going on with this wall? As you can see from the overview, it's only the siding and plywood sheathing. It's defined as Siding-6 and you can see the attached wall (which is the same thing) is working just fine.

I've deleted and reinserted this wall, to no avail.

Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DR wall.jpg 
Views:	293 
Size:	86.7 KB 
ID:	7557   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DR wall floor plan.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	83.1 KB 
ID:	7558  
    Carol K.
    HD Suite 8

Quote Originally Posted by gardendiva
    Can anyone tell me what's going on with this wall? As you can see from the overview, it's only the siding and plywood sheathing. It's defined as Siding-6 and you can see the attached wall (which is the same thing) is working just fine.

I've deleted and reinserted this wall, to no avail.

Thanks.
    Is the wall maybe slightly off angle from the one above it? If you held down the Control key on your keyboard when you were dragging out the wall, it might be slightly off-angle. You can open the wall's specification dialog and look at the angle value to see if this is the case, and if so, change it to the closest full angle. Maybe also check your wall connections in that area.
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

Kat - Thank you for your input! It sure feels good knowing there are people out there who are willing to offer advice.

I've been struggling with a few issues on my own projects, so I went back to the User Manual and was working thru it. This is the house from the manual so perhaps there was an issue with it. I had issues with the roof, too.

There is a second wall in this same plan that does the same thing from time to time. If I change the specs, the wall fixes itself but as soon as I leave and come back in...same issue...hollow wall. However, the original wall I've never been able to make right. I found a fix for 'hollow wall' in the online support center, but it only pertains to the Pro edition.
    Carol K.
    HD Suite 8

Quote Originally Posted by gardendiva
    This is the house from the manual so perhaps there was an issue with it.
    I don't think so, after reading your post I went through the tutorial and I can't reproduce the problems with the hollow walls, or the other problems in the images, that you are experiencing, I suspect it is a problem within the plan itself.

How big is the file? Could you compress it and attach it here?
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7