Threaded View

Selecting items & cabinet missing base

Using HDS8, I've built several closets out of partitions and shelves that I can copy and paste into other designs, as needed. I'm disappointed that there's no way to make them into an architectural block, so I have to make size adjustments to each individual part in every design instead of sizing the entire object.

The problem I'm struggling with is that often I need to copy and paste just one part of the closet into another area. As an example, in the attached #1 I drew the wardrobe lifts in the top of the closet out of several cylinders. Sometimes that's all I need.

I can't select just those parts in Floor plan view because 1) I can't see them and 2) I end up grabbing other items, or missing some. I can't seem to use the 'select similar objects' way either (ie: the way 'select' only select walls if the wall tool is active). I've tried that by highlighting 'cylinders' in the library, but I still get everything inside the marquee.

Is there a way to select them in a front view other than having to select each item one at a time? It's tough to know if I've grabbed all the parts when I do it one by one. Sometimes I miss the small ones because of the way the marquee grows as you select items.

Second question - Every time I draw a base cabinet then delete the door so I have an open front cabinet with shelves, the cabinet loses it's base...ie: you can see the actual floor material (see attached #2). The cabinet is set on the floor (0" to bottom). I can build a box beneath it to solve the problem but am curious if anyone knows why this is happening.

Thanks,
    Carol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Peacock Residence MDF with shadows.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	82.8 KB 
ID:	7533   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cab missing base.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	73.7 KB 
ID:	7534