Can't find the preference menu

Hello everyone,

I have created a exterior outline of my house in Home designer 8.5.5.18 on a vista operating system. The problem that I am having is that my Terrain (the plot of the land that my house is on, I live in a suburb) is not a rectangle. I generated a line outline of it using the cad tools. All the lines connect and I want to make this the terrain outline, however when I right click on it I cannot change it to the terrain. I looked on line at the web site and found that I need to change something in the preference menu that is located under the edit menu. When I open up the edit menu-no preference menu.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Frank

Preferences are only available in Pro, as is the Convert to Terrain Perimeter option that you are referencing.

Instead, you're going to have to create a Terrain Perimeter (if there isn't one already in your plan) by selecting Terrain-> Create Terrain Perimeter (if its greyed out than you probably already have one) and then use the edit handles and Change Line/Arc and Break Line edit tools to resize and reshape the terrain perimeter.

If you already have created the outline with CAD lines, it should be pretty easy to reshape the terrain perimeter to match that.
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7