Threaded View

Condo and Apartment Interior Design help

So I live in Boston, and am looking into a new apartment or condo. I have tried really hard to find out if Better Homes and Gardens Home Designer Suite 8.0 has a design feature so that you can figure out different layouts for apartments or condos, but have had no luck. I found one program on amazon.com that is designed for apartments and condos, but it got really poor ratings so I am not going to touch that.

So to my question, I would like to get BHG 8.0 because I eventually would like to get a house, and I enjoy architecture and think it would be fun to have a program where I could design my dream house, as well as landscape. But I want to know is if this program can be used for an apartment or condo in a high rise? I assume you could make the condo or apartment using the same dimensions, and design the interior accordingly, and it probably wouldn't make a difference, but I was wondering if it has a feature where your front door is in a hallway on the 18th floor of a building and not somewhere in the suburbs.

I know I could buy the interior designer, but I have no interest in that because I want to experiment on houses, but if it has a condo feature I would definitely get this program. Also is there anyone else out there in my similar situation who wanted to experiment with a preset interior, whether it be changing walls, or seeing how a couch would fit?