Question Wrap around porch

I am trying to create a wrap around porch look but the roof starts at the porch. I want the side wall to be gabled and the porch to go into the gable wall. Also I made a fireplace chimney with walls but can not extend this through the roof. How do I do this? I am using Home designer 7.09.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	roof3b.jpg 
Views:	309 
Size:	169.6 KB 
ID:	7593  

Chimney at least

Hi Timelesswood,

I use both HDD (Home Designer Deluxe same version as you) and AHD (Architectural Home Designer 8).

Chimneys are to be made with soffit (found under your cabinets in the drop down).

Once you've done your soffit piece, usually 630 deep (in metrics) and 1200 wide starting at 0, then pull it up from 3D until you hit the roof, then to pass it up through this, hold ctrl key and pull it up, or simpler, from 2D plan open your soffit dialog box, and set the height to at least 5500 (metrics again).

If you're using imperial, just put it as tall as you think would help it punch through.

Give that a try and let me know, okay?

Regarding porch, I'll talk to my husband and see if he can fix it for your, he's good at that, in the meantime, wrap-around porch are always best to be split into different parts with invisible walls. Like L-Shaped okay?

L the long part of the L break it with an invisible wall to bottom so that the long part of the L overlaps into the small part of the L.

Might be ambiguous to understand but see the photos okay?

Yours in construction

Wynter Myst
    Last edited by Wynter Myst; 02-01-2009 at 06:25 PM.
    2007 HDDeluxe 7
    2008 AHDesign 8
    http://mcdb.jimdo.com
    S - Windows XP, Vista

"Witchcraft does not work on this program "