Question How to change the default setting of platform thickness?

Hi,

In default settings from the Edit menu, I want to change the platform thickness from 12" to 24" in floor default because I want a raise foundation.
    But the number can not be changed. Does anyone know how to change that default setting of the platform thickness?

Thanks first.
    Ewa
    Home Designer Pro 8.0
    MS Windows Vista Home Premium
    HP Pavilion Desktop m9402f
    AMD Phenom 9650 Quad-Core Processor 2.3GHz
    7GB RAM, 64bit Operating System

Quote Originally Posted by Ewa888
    Does anyone know how to change that default setting of the platform thickness?
    The ability to change this is available in your Home Designer Pro version 8.0. If you will examine the dialog, you can see how to adjust it both by room, as well as for an entire floor.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pro8_PlatformThickness.jpg 
Views:	398 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	7616  
    Chief Architect® Technical Support Analyst
    www.homedesignersoftware.com

Contact Support

Home Designer Support: (208)292-3375

Available Monday-Friday, between the hours of 6:00AM-5:00PM Pacific Standard Time.

Setting Platform Thickness in Home Designer Suite?

Are you saying that there is no way to do this in HD Suite 9.0? I'm trying to design a 1.5 story post & beam layout that will use 2" thick T&G 2x6's as both the 2nd floor and 1st floor ceiling.

I've been able to "fake the exposed beams' using either soffitts or 3-D boxes, but I can't get rid of the default ceiling platform. But, in doing so, I'm essentially "double-counting" the thickness of the ceiling platform.

This adds erroneous height to the sidewalls, which carries over into rooflines and roof intercepts, etc. If I drop the 1st floor ceiling height to the bottom of the beams, then it impacts things like cabinets, etc.

Thanks for any suggestions!
    Last edited by KentT; 03-08-2010 at 12:55 PM.
    New User
    Home Designer Suite, v9.0