Transition from exterior to interior?

I just started using this program, and started working on an exterior of a house. In order to start working on the interior do I have to create a new plan?

Home Designer Suite 8.0
    Last edited by applepie8111; 01-19-2009 at 11:05 AM.

Hi applepie8111 and welcome to the wonderful world of CA/HD software, I think you're going to like it here.

First thing, and you are going to hear this a lot! is you have to post what software you are using, as there are many different versions and levels of complexity available. Most users do this by modifying their signature to include their program and versions. To do this go to User CP along the blue bar at the top of the screen and choose edit signature. Until you do this you will not be able to get the help you are seeking as different programs handle things in different ways.

Once you do this, however, I think you will amazed at the number of friendly, helpful, knowledgable people there are on these forums. I've yet to see them stumped!

Good luck and enjoy!
    Calsmom
    Home Designer Architectural 2014

BTW, the simple answer to your question SHOULD be, no, you don't have to start a new plan to work on an interior, but I'm not entirely sure what you're asking. Are you in 2d or 3d view?
    Calsmom
    Home Designer Architectural 2014

Applepie,

The answer is no, you do not have to start a new plan.

The first logical step to start working on the inside is to start drawing interior walls where you want them (make sure to select an interior wall type first). Once you have an interior space defined with 4 walls you can designate the room name if you choose to.

You can then add doors, windows, furniture, etc as you please.

Hope this helps!

Ken
    KEN

HD Pro 2012, 9, 7
    Win XP Pro SP3
    Intel Dual core 3.4GHZ
    Ge Force 9400GT 1G vram
    4 G ram , 160 GB Sata 3 HD