Hybrid View

How do I adjust the elevation of the floor plan?

I just started using Home Designer Suite 8.0, and so far like it a lot (except for the fact that it only runs on Windows).

My only problem so far is with elevations and terrain. Our house sits on a gentle slope, and I have used terrain lines, flat areas, and terrain points to draw a reasonable facsimile of the portion of the lot where the house sits. However, the software seems to arbitrarily pick one corner of the house to sit flush to the ground, and then part of the house is buried and the rest is sitting in the air. I've tried drawing the terrain lines in a different order, changing some to negative elevations, etc., but I still always get the front right portion of the house buried underground when it should be level with the ground.

Can anyone tell me how I can lift the house up to the proper elevation?

I will attach a screen shot and add one more bit of explanation. I haven't drawn the basement level yet (is that possible with HD8?), but what I was expecting/hoping for was to get the front part of the house (the left in the screen shot) level with the ground, while the back sits up in the air. The back is in the air, but not high enough -- instead it puts the front of the house about 4 feet below ground level.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	burriedhouse.png 
Views:	230 
Size:	65.5 KB 
ID:	7916  

The item you want is in the "Terrain Plane Dialog - Building Pad Height"; a positive value entered lowers the terrain plane relative to the model and a minus value raises it.

DJP

Thank you DJP -- that pointed me in the right direction.

If I double click on the terrain perimiter, it brings up a Terrain Specification dialog box. Then I unclicked the box "Autocalculate Elevation", and entered a specific elevation for for the pad, as per DJP's advice.