Hybrid View

screen refresh in 3D

Hi. I am just working on my first project so excuse me if I ask a few too many questions at the start. I have a problem that when I either move or change textures in the 3D view, the scene doesn't seem to refresh.... that is, most of the area is washed out. It seems to only involve interior views for some reason. Any idea what is going on? ... And no it is not my system or video card which are more than adequate to do what I am asking. Thanks for any suggestions.

Refresh problems

Sorry... It does also seem to sometimes affect an exterior view.

We have seen refresh problems before. Most often in a 3D render view like this it is a problem with the video card or the video drivers.

I understand your video card may have the correct specifications, however, I would recomend getting the latest video driver. We use the OpenGL language to speed up 3D views. On many graphics cards an updated driver is needed to make it work correctly. Sometimes video cards themselves fail but they may not show the failure until a 3D render request is placed. Most programs do not use the 3D portion of a video card, also many do not use the OpenGL hardware either. It may be possible the card itself has a problem.

What brand is the video card?

What is the date of the drivers?
    Dan Park
    Customer Support Manager
    Chief Architect, Inc

Smile Thanks!

Hi Dan,

Thank you for the help. It did turn out to be the drivers. I have a NVidia 5600FX with 256 mb which has not, until now, stuttered at anything I have tried to run with it including lots of other graphic software and the latest 3d games. I mistakenly thought that I had the latest drivers already installed. Anyway, thank you for your response and now on to the fun and hopefully not too frustrating stuff. *s*

Rebecca