Question Pony Wall, Knee Wall, Half Wall?

What is the difference between a pony wall, knee wall, and half wall?

In the instructions it shows how to do a pony wall with stone or brick on the bottom and siding on the top. I cannot find where to do this on my program. I would like to put stone on the bottom and brick on the top. Any ideas?

According to the software's Help . . .

A Pony Wall, sometimes called a split wall, is a wall with two separate wall types for the upper and lower portions.

Check Knee Wall to define an interior wall whose height is defined by the roof plane above it, not the ceiling height. Knee walls are usually found next to top floor Attic room areas.

Knee Walls are a bit like Attic Walls in that they are not meant to generate to full ceiling height. Instead, they build upward until they encounter a roof plane. Unlike Attic Walls, however, Knee Walls are used in the interior of a structure, typically to separate loft areas from rooms on the upper floor. Chief Architect programs do not specify walls as Knee Walls automatically. If an interior wall is drawn in a location where the roof is lower than the ceiling height, you should specify it as a Knee Wall in the Wall Specification dialog.

Check out this Help Database article for instructions on how to create a Half Wall, or partial height wall.

Article Number 317: How to change the height of an individual wall to create a half wall or partial wall
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7