Threaded View

Really BIG window.

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your reply,

I'm using Suite 6.0 on a contemporary existing home. I substituted a railing for that wall (rear exterior wall about 4' tall) but the side or perpendicular walls stay at 8'. So I get a really big window in the back of the house. Is there any way to have the top of the side walls slope, or is this only done by the "design roof" part of the program? What about when you have a house with dormers on the second floor, do you create a exterior wall on the second floor? Or does the creation of a knee wall tell it what to do? Could this exterior wall be checked as a knee wall? Actually it's two walls about four feet apart with the first floor wall centered underneath. But if I could just get one short wall I would be happy.

I know a picture is worth 1000 words. Shoud I try to send one in or can I post one.

Plus any suggestions on making my roof over the second floor tie in to the roof over the garage. Its is just on big flat slope on the front of the house. I sure it is very much out of style and that is why the roof design is having problems with it. The roof design puts a beautiful roof on this house with about 14 different planes. I would hate to try an construct it.

Thanks Again!
    What a fun use of my computer.
    Richard Gentry