Thread: Yard Size

Yard Size

I have a big yard, 675' x 1540'. Will the landscape design module handle that large a size?

Yes.

Yard size

Thanks for your answer. I have about 24 acres, I want to build a house, shed or shop, a pond and other landscaping. Do you think this is the program to do that best?

David,

I am working with BH&G Home Designer Suite 6.0 but I downloaded to update to 6.04. I am trying to get the program to represent a hillside ranch that is build on a ridge. I made the floor of the walkout basement 0 and the area around the garage and front of the house +96. From the walkout basement the ridge drops 60' to the lake so I made the lakeside perimeter -720. The program did not seem to accept these numbers.

Should I be following another approach?

"I have about 24 acres, I want to build a house, shed or shop, a pond and other landscaping. Do you think this is the program to do that best?"

It depends on how much detail you want to add. If you want to do a good job of designing the house and the shop, you might want to use Deluxe instead because it is set up better for house design. If you want to design all of the details yourself all the way down to creating drawing sheets that you can take to your building department, you probably need Pro.