Hybrid View

I agree Allen.

I purchased HD Pro tonight and have been working more on the re-design. I think I'll be reading some more. I have been playing with some of the sample editable plans. Looks like to me it is going to be a bit of a learning curve in building the roof and ceilings (among many other things).

You mentioned expanding or decreasing in denominations of 24". Back in the 70s through early 80s when I was helping Granddaddy and Daddy in the building, I remember we always did pretty much everything on 16" centers. I know a lot of residential builders use 24" centers. I didn't get a chance to call my family to see what the current standard is. I'm reasonably certain I may go with 6" exterior walls as opposed to 4", but, still not sure. I suspect we will go with the foam insulation as opposed to the batten insulation. I am also researching the more modern geothermal heat pumps since we have plenty of land to work with.

As I get a little more into the design and layout, if you guys don't mind, I'll come back with more intelligent questions.

Thanks for all your help.

Joel