One riser between 2 landings?

I'm trying to connect 2 parallel stair sections with a rectangular landing -simple. Now I want -1- riser in the center of the landing, dividing the rectangle into two (roughly) square landings with no tread.

I haven't been able to create two landings and join them together with a riser between them.

I've tried making a 1 tread stair section with a 48" wide x 48" long tread and attaching it at 90 degrees to a 4' square landing at the top of the lower stair section. Then, continuing with a "normal" stair attached to the "big" square tread at 90 degrees.

I've also tried making a 180 degree curved stair section with only 2 treads and attaching it to the lower and upper "normal" stair sections. Hoping that I could edit the result into the landing described above.

In both cases, it was difficult to get the sections to join and when they did, the result snaped to a totally different configuration.

I'd also like to see an easy way to divide the two square landings into four 45-45-90 triangular treads to make up the single rectangle - this can probably be done with a 180 degree winder - and a lot of work.

I am using HD Pro 6.0.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Sincerely,
    Jeff

Using pro 6.0 you can draw two landings using a rectangular polyline and covert it to a landing. You can change the railings on each selected edge by selecting and opening the landing properties and checking or unchecking the option for a railing on the selected edge.
    Dan Park
    Customer Support Manager
    Chief Architect, Inc

Thanks for the suggestion Dan.

A few details for people, like me, who know little about CAD.
    Go to the Menu Bar-
    Left click CAD- Boxes & Framing- Rectanglular Polyline
    Go to any empty drawing space-
    Left click and hold, while pulling diagonally to create a rectangle-
    Release the mouse button when the rectangle is aproximately the right size-
    (Note: don't make the mistake of having the edit polyline icon selected while you try this - it will create problems!)
    Left click near the edge of the rectangle to select it-
    Left click - the Convert Polyline icon-
    the Convert Polyline dialogue will open-
    Select Landing-
    Select OK- the Stair Landing dialogue will open-
    Enter the height of the of the landing's first half on the General Tab-
    (Note: this should be negative if your working in a foundation or basement floor stair.)
    Select OK - the dialogue will close and the new landing is no longer selected-
    Congratulations, you've created a landing!

Left click and hold again to create a second rectangle-
    Follow the above procedure to convert it to a landing about 7" higher than the first-

Now, left click one of the rectangles to select it. Because it's become a landing clicking anywhere in the rectangle will work.
    Left click an hold the center handle and drag the landing until it meets the other-

Landings created this way have railings surrounding them because they don't know where their stair is.
    to remove the rail between them-
    Left click either side of the line between them-
    Select the Open Object icon-
    Select the No Rail on Selected Edge Check Box on the General Tab-
    Select OK-

Now the split landing can be used like any other-
    Just pull a stair up to it from below-
    and pull another stair away from it to the next floor.

Thanks again for the pointer Dan!

One more question, when I select Open Risers on the Staircase Specification dialogue -- Style Tab, only the front side appears open. The underside remains closed -- even when I go to the Staircase Specification -- Materials Tab -- Underside -- and Select Opening (no material). What's up with that?

Sincerly,
    Jeff

It's hard to say why they are not showing open underneath.

I would suggest sending the plan to our support team and have them take a look at it.
    Dan Park
    Customer Support Manager
    Chief Architect, Inc

Staircase Specification Dialogue / Style Tab

It seems that selecting "Open Risers" works fine on both the front and on the underside views, but if "Closed Sides" is also selected then open risers will only be shown on the front view, the underside will become closed.

Jeff

Open Risers / Closed Sides?

Image attached.

Jeff
    Attached Images Attached Images