Post Simple? enter actual lot boundaries...

I'm a brand-new user, trying to do something that seems like it should be very basic and simple:

I want to enter the dimensions and quirks of my lot boundary, as I have setback requirements, etc to consider in locating the house

How do you do this?

First and foremost please go to the UserCP (User Control Panel) and click on Edit Signature under Setting & Options. In the Edit Signature window enter the Product Name and Version of the BH&G software you are using.

OK, let me try again....
    David Schreiber
    HD Suite 7.09
    Windows XP 2002 - SP2

In a new Floorplan view you should have a rectangle or square like the thumbnail. You should also have tools for the Terrain. If you have the terrain line double-click on it and you will get the Terrain dialog box.

Click Help if you need additional assistance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	terrain.JPG 
Views:	225 
Size:	72.9 KB 
ID:	3164  

not happening... I double-click on the terrain boundary line and I get a terrain specification that only lists Building Pad characteristics, line style, fill style and materials -- nothing useful for this problem

I can drag the line, but not far enough to account for 200 feet that I need to represent

Help provides pretty much nothing on this topic
    David Schreiber
    HD Suite 7.09
    Windows XP 2002 - SP2

Zoom out and try to drag the line.

Here is how I would do it. Lay out a simple lot line of the default size. Now enter the CAD mode and put dimensions from the corners to the house and corner to corner of the lot. Now you can select the lot lines and stretch the corners to where you want them while the dimensions lines follow, indicating the spacing until you get what you want. This make take many attempts at each line to get the size right as you scroll back and forth to actually see what the result is. This software does not have the abilty to flip views while using a tool. Getting an exact size is nearly impossible without sucessive tries by zooming in and then out repeatedly.
    Last edited by Larry; 12-11-2007 at 05:12 PM.
    BH&G Pro Rev. 7.08
    Central SW Ontario, Canada
    -AMD AthlonX2 4400, 2GB, Win XP Pro
    -GeForce 8600GT
    -80GB Internal, 1TB External HDD

I built a house using this and am still find it Mickey Mouse quality.