floating lights and missing doors

I am having trouble moving lights down. They are floating and I've tried using control alt.

I also have doors to the outside that don't show up. Just the trim shows and I see outside. I've entered the door material in the edit default settings and selecting each door.

I'm teaching a class using this software.

Thanks,
    Mary

Mary,

You can use CTRL and the mouse to move lights, cabinets, soffits, etc.

What product and version are you using. Are you certain that you are using a "hinged" door or just a "door opening"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	225 
Size:	84.4 KB 
ID:	3235  
    Last edited by daydreamer; 12-14-2007 at 01:06 PM.

thanks

Thanks,
    The door was just an opening! I have to learn all the common mistakes students make!

I have tried the control, and control and alt to move items down. I will try tomorrow with the student. Thanks!

Mary

Mary,

If you need more help, keep coming back.

So that we can help to answer your questions better please go to the UserCP (User Control Panel) and click on Edit Signature under Setting & Options. In the Edit Signature window enter the Product Name and Version of the BH&G software you are using.

It will be very helpful to all of us.

If you aren't sure about how to edit your signature please click on the following link and read post #3 http://hometalk.homedesignersoftware...ead.php?t=5357
    Last edited by daydreamer; 12-14-2007 at 01:14 PM.

"I have to learn all the common mistakes students make."

Good luck with that.

Here are a couple of things to look out for ( I see these kinds of questions come up on this forum all the time):

- If you see a dialog box with a value that has a "(D)" after it, make sure to remove the "(D)" when you want to change it otherwise the program will automatically reset the value back to the default.

- If you want to change your roof style, you need to change the settings in the wall dialog, not in the roof dialog where you think it would be.

- If you want to change the height of your walls, change your room height. Wall height is controlled by the ceiling height of the room, not by the wall itself.

- If you want a half wall, use a solid railing instead. Just draw a railing and then open the dialog and change the railing type to "Solid".

- If you want to have a basement or a foundation below your house, you need to build it first. Look for the Build Foundation tool.

- If you want a daylight or walkout basement, be sure to open up the terrain dialog and turn off "Flatten Pad" and "Auto Calculate Elevation".

- When all else fails, use the soffit tool. You can build almost anything with a soffit.