fireplace in vaulted ceiling

Hi Folks:
    Enclosed is a jpeg of a sunroom with vaulted ceiling. The fireplace in the corner should go up to the ceiling as all stone. I think the gable part of the roof is showing the drywall color instead of the stone. How do I make the stone go all the way up to the vaulted ceiling ? Thanks in advance for your help. Using Home Designer Pro 7.0
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fireplace.jpg 
Views:	406 
Size:	102.2 KB 
ID:	3326  

Hi rwoynaro,

Go in to your plan and double-click on the short wall on the left of the fireplace face.

In the Wall Specification dialog under the General Tab, un-check the No Room Def. box.

If you plan on utilizing this forum more you may want to consider adding your Product and Version to you signature. That way you won't need to enter it every time you want to post something.

Good luck and keep coming back!

Thanks for the tips, Rick. I didn't have the "no room def" option selected.
    If I enabled that on the leftmost wall, that wall drew as stone up to the ceiling, but the other two did not, removing that option and redrawing did not help. Selecting that option on the other two walls had no affect. I removed the fireplace and just put back in the 3 walls to try again. I still can't figure out how to get the stone to go meet the vaulted ceiling on all three walls.
    Current pic enclosed.

Name:	wall vaulted ceiling.JPG 
Views:	301 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	3341  
    Ralph Woynarowski
    Home Designer Pro V 7.08a

Hi Ralph,

In you first post the wall on the left of the fireplace face didn't appear to go up to the ceiling. When I tried your simulate your problem I found that having the No Room Def. checked didn't allow the left wall to be built to the ceiling. Not sure why though?

It's the "attic walls" that aren't being covered with the stone material.

If all the walls are building correctly go into the Attic plan. Change the material on each of the Fireplace walls. If you Render from the 1st floor and 1 or more of the walls don't show up with stone, go back into the Attic double-click on the incorrect wall and in the Wall specification dialog click Flip Layers.

Oh, by the way Ralph, what kind of an engineer are you?

I hope this helps.

Name:	Capture1.JPG 
Views:	306 
Size:	70.7 KB 
ID:	3342  
    Last edited by daydreamer; 12-21-2007 at 12:20 PM.

Thumbs up

Hey Rick:

Thanks very much !! You were right about the attic walls. They were set to the default. I set them to stone and it looks great. I should have realized it as the gable truss is still drywall too. I have undergrad degrees in comp sci and electrical eng and a masters in s/w engineering, so I guess I am a s/w eng at the moment. I write s/w to fly satellites for Lockheed Martin. I am very greatful for your help and look forward to sharing some ideas in the future and helping out others, hopefully as well as you helped me. Thanks again and have a great holiday !
    Ralph Woynarowski
    Home Designer Pro V 7.08a

Ralph,

You're welcome!

Look forward to seeing you back here.

Have a safe and Happy Holiday!