Exclamation Error: "Unexpected Parameter 'and'" when I double click on my plans

I just purchased Home Designer Suite 7.0 and am getting started on my plans and saved what I had done but the nest day I went to open the file and a window appeared and said "Unexpected parameter 'and'" and then to press ok. Another window popped up and said "Usage: Home Designer Suite 70 [/register_file-extensions] [/reg] [file] /register_file_extensions /reg" and then to click ok again and the window goes away and nothing opens.

What do I need to do so I can open my plans?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pig
    I just purchased Home Designer Suite 7.0 and am getting started on my plans and saved what I had done but the nest day I went to open the file and a window appeared and said "Unexpected parameter 'and'" and then to press ok. Another window popped up and said "Usage: Home Designer Suite 70 [/register_file-extensions] [/reg] [file] /register_file_extensions /reg" and then to click ok again and the window goes away and nothing opens.

What do I need to do so I can open my plans?

Thank you
    I believe that this has been brought up before. It's the fault of that Windows XP update.

Chief Architect Help Database - Article Number: 832: "I receive an "Unexpected Parameter 'and'" error when I double click on my Chief Architect plans" located at http://www.chiefarchitect.com/suppor...?faqNumber=832

Basically, the easy answer is don't double click on your plan files to launch the program with them open, open the program FIRST, then use the File> Open Plan menu to browse to your plans location on your computer and open it that way.
    Last edited by Katalyst777; 01-02-2008 at 09:47 AM.
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7