Vista with menus

Hello all,

I am new user to Home Designer Pro 7.08. I use to have home designer and upgraded. This is running on my laptop with vista. I have worked trough most issues such as getting it installed and running as admin plus some graphical displace issues but i am still having some problems when i got into any menu to change anything. i will pick the pull down button and change it but as soon as i make my selection it goes right back to default setting.

Any suggestion or comment please help.

Thank You

Bruce

Hey Bruce,

Can you post a specific menu that you are having a problem with??

When changing any default setting from a dialogue box you will find a (D) behind the number; example 97 1/8 (D). You have to delete the (D) in order for your new setting to work (example 108). With the (D) remaining, you have not provided an appropriate command for the setting change to follow.

Don't worry, all newbies do the same thing the first time around. And at one point or another, everyone on this forum has been a "newbie".
    Home Designer Pro 10

menu

i will go to edit - default settings - wall - edit - and change wall type to siding 6 and it will automatically return to default ( wood frame 16 oc )

and if i double click a room and open those settings it will change all back to defaults to.

Hey ab,

Edit>Default Settings>Wall>Edit>"select wall type" then click OK then click Done.

When you double-click in a Room what settings change?

that is what i am doing but as fast as i pick siding 6 it automatically goes back in the menu window before i can even pick ok. it almost like it is locked so i am not allowed to change it.

Hi ab,

Just for the heck of it. Go into Layer Display Options. (see attached)

Make certain that there is not a "lock" in the Walls, Normal listing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	display.JPG 
Views:	194 
Size:	144.4 KB 
ID:	3715  

i am unable to do this with a mouse or even with the keyboard itself and no the layers are not locked. the scrolling bars do not work either. i must make the window bigger to see stuff down the lists.

ab,

Well I don't know what else to tell you. As you can see I am running Vista and HD Pro 7. I have not had any issues with Vista.

A call to tech support is probably the best solution.
    Here's the number 208-292-3375

thank you all for your support and the mouse driver may be an issue having similar issues else where.

again thank you all