2 Different Wall Materials in Interior Designer

I have Interior Designer 7 and thought I saw somewhere on the video tutorial that you can have paint on the upper portion of an interior wall and wallpaper on the bottom portion below the chair rail. In fact I'm pretty sure you can because they also showed you how to make a wallpaper border.

Since search feature is down, can anyone describe how I can achieve this? I actually want to have paint (or wallpaper) on the upper portion and ceramic tile on the lower portion because it is a bathroom.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks - Laura
    It's not getting what you want, it's wanting what you've got

Hi, Laura. You helped me with the live-in attic, so now I'll see if I can help you.
    Try using one of those wonderful, I-can-be-anything, soffits.
    Place a soffit next to the wall, and resize it. Make it 36" high (or however high you want your ceramic tile) set the depth to 1/16, and set the [floor to bottom] to 0. The soffit should still be resting against the wall. Pull the side handles to make it the length of your wall. Go to 3D to fine tune it, i.e., make sure it doesn't cover the door trim. Paint it with the tiles you want, and it should look fine. You can place cabinets or a tub or toilet against it and it's ok. You may have to fine tune around a window, using three different soffits.
    You can also put a different colored tile border above your cramic tile. Use a soffit, but make the height 4 inches or so, and set the floor to bottom to 36" or whatever the height of your first soffit.
    That's how I've done it in a few of my floorplans, but if anyone out there knows an easier method, I'd be interested. I hope this works for you, Laura.
    Last edited by fern; 01-24-2006 at 02:00 PM.