Looks like dormer but it's not

What is the technique used to create the feature facing the car on the hip roof. It's not a dormer and when I tried adding a second story room with knee walls the auto roof design went wild adding extra walls to the second story I never intended. Also what is a way to create the brick facing on the exterior wall half way up only. I think by using an interior wall with chair rail then change the material on the wall then do a wall flip may work. Is there a better way?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	House Front.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	4349  

I think this is usually referred to as a "Dutch Hip"
    You can use the Auto Roof Return if you have it in Suite. If you don't maybe this link will help you. http://hometalk.homedesignersoftware...highlight=roof

If you use the above link you can get results like you see in the 3rd thumbnail. Be certain to make a 2nd floor. Make the small room and leave the Ceiling height at default to begin with. Make the other area of the 2nd floor "Attic". Depending on your roof pitch you will need to decrease the Ceiling height in the small room on the 2nd floor until it blends with the lower roof plane. In my example it was 24".

If you don't have the Pony walls as Don talks about you can use the Soffit tool to make panels and place them against the wall for the bricks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	201 
Size:	162.3 KB 
ID:	4353   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture2.JPG 
Views:	222 
Size:	160.7 KB 
ID:	4355   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture3.JPG 
Views:	208 
Size:	81.0 KB 
ID:	4356  
    Last edited by daydreamer; 02-08-2008 at 12:38 PM.