Thread: wall length

wall length

Just purchased 7.0 and cannot figure out how to make a wall the length I want it to be, ie 1/2" = 1' or what ever. I draw a wall and it is 6" on my screen and it says it is a 40' wall. I want that 6" wall to be 8'. Every time I draw a wall it gives me a length, I want to change that length and make all other walls in proportion

Hi James,

The only time you can set the scale is when you print.
    It's 1:1 as you look at it on the screen.

It will be very helpful to all of us if you would enter the Name of your BH&G product and the Version in your Signature.
    To enter the information in your signature, click on Quick Links near the top of the page by Log Out. In the drop-down box click Edit Signature. Enter your information and click Save Signature.
    Last edited by daydreamer; 02-11-2008 at 11:53 AM.

You can specify the scale in the "Page Setup" dialog box but like daydreamer said, this only matters when you want to print it out.

When you are trying to draw your floor plan, the length on the screen doesn't matter a bit. Just zoom in or zoom out a ways and you will realize that this length doesn't matter. To lay out your walls accurately, you need to pay attention to the real world length that is displayed as a temporary dimension as you draw it (or if you don't have these, the length also shows up in the status bar). Also, once you have drawn your walls you can use the automatic and manual dimension tools to adjust everything the way you want it to be.