UnHappy Cross-section view slow

When I generate a cross-section view, these two problems occur:

1. it generates very slowly, even when I don't have any major programme running.
    2. whenever I move an object in the cross-section view, it disappears and that area turns blank and I can no longer select it unless I generate this view again.

Please if anyone can help.
    Shirley Kopittke
    User of Architectural Home Designer 8

Hi Shirley,
    Welcome to the forum.
    Do all of the camera functions generate slowly?

It might be your graphics adapter.
    Do you know if you have a video card?
    Is your computer a laptop?

I do use a laptop, however, the elevation camera is the only one that doesn't co-operate. The other cameras all work pretty well.
    I later found the main problem is the objects disappearing. The speed is fine, except the innitial image has lots of scrapy noise until I use my mouse wheel to zoom it.
    Last edited by shirleyk; 06-12-2008 at 04:56 AM.
    Shirley Kopittke

Quote Originally Posted by shirleyk
    the innitial image has lots of scrapy noise until I use my mouse wheel to zoom it.
    This does sound like a video card issue. Try downloading the latest driver for it from its manufacturer's website. Also, check to make sure that your video card meets the minimum system requirement of at least 256MB od dedicated video memory. There have been a ton of prior posts from people who don't meet that minimum and are using integrated chipsets that just can't cut it with a 3D intensive software program like this.

Maybe also a screen refresh problem? If you hit the F5 key on your keyboard to refresh instead of zooming in/out, does it fix it?
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

Okay, I updated my vedio card driver. Now the cross-section works a little faster and looks more nornal...still some ramdon dots outside the house but no problem with moving objects.

Strangely, suite 8 starts to tell me that my vedio card driver does not match my vedio card. I simply turned the message off and ignored it. Hope it doesn't mean something else since it appears to be better in this way.

Thanks for your help.
    Shirley Kopittke

Installing the wrong driver for your video card can have unexpected results, you should probably get that taken care of.
    BH&G Pro Rev. 7.08
    Central SW Ontario, Canada
    -AMD AthlonX2 4400, 2GB, Win XP Pro
    -GeForce 8600GT
    -80GB Internal, 1TB External HDD

I built a house using this and am still find it Mickey Mouse quality.