window positions

Does anyone know how to reset the positions of window panes in HD Pro. I've Had been using my version of HD Pro 8.5 with 2 monitors, and ever since I disconnected from the second monitor when ever I try to open the library material selection window its pretty clear that HD is opening that window pane off screen. I can't interact with any other windows until I hit ESC or ALT + F4.

Does anyone know how to reset the position of this window? I don't have easy access to a second monitor at the moment, and I can't find an answer through the help database or via google.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks
    HD Pro 8.5.5.15

I am not an expert but how were the monitors connected to the computer?

If they were both connected to the video card you need to change the duel monitor setting for the video card. If one was connected to the video card and one to the onboard video connector you will have to disable the onboard video driver.

Hope this makes sense?
    Douglas Wilson
    BH&G Home Designer Pro 8
    BH&G Home Designer Deluxe 7.08
    Custom Desktop
    Windows 7 pro 64bit
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB DDR3 RAM
    Nvidia GeForce 220 1GB VRAM

Thanks for the input guys.

I'm running HD on a laptop. I have reconfigured my display settings so that my video drivers are running a single display. The strange thing is that there are HD program windows that I know were opening in the other monitor (like the layer screen) that now open correctly in my single monitor. Its just the material selection window that opens off screen.

The help database didn't have anything on this. Nor did the chief architect help database. I haven't searched their forums yet, but I may just call tech support this morning. I'll be sure to follow up to this post, so the solution will be here for others to find.
    Last edited by basline; 07-16-2008 at 09:18 AM.
    HD Pro 8.5.5.15

In AHD, under the Library menu, there is an option to Restore Position/Size Defaults. It may be located elsewhere in your version of the software?
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

Kat:
    I think the Restore Position/Size Defaults (which in HD Pro is in Preferences/Appearance/Library Browser) is just for resetting the library browser pane. But I can't be totally sure as I tried something else and it worked.

Solution:
    I registered for chieftalk forums and found a solution which differs just slightly from the chief architect fix. It involves editing the registry, and if you have never edited the registry I strongly suggest you search online for a primer about it as the registry is not something you want to muck up.

In short, make sure HD is not running. Open your registry, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Chief Architect Inc\Home Designer Pro\8.0
    and delete the "Window Placement" value from this directory. When you restart HD, the program will replace this registry key with default values and all your windows should be reset to their original position.
    HD Pro 8.5.5.15

Quote Originally Posted by basline
    Kat:
    I think the Restore Position/Size Defaults (which in HD Pro is in Preferences/Appearance/Library Browser) is just for resetting the library browser pane. But I can't be totally sure as I tried something else and it worked.

Solution:
    I registered for chieftalk forums and found a solution which differs just slightly from the chief architect fix. It involves editing the registry, and if you have never edited the registry I strongly suggest you search online for a primer about it as the registry is not something you want to muck up.

In short, make sure HD is not running. Open your registry, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Chief Architect Inc\Home Designer Pro\8.0
    and delete the "Window Placement" value from this directory. When you restart HD, the program will replace this registry key with default values and all your windows should be reset to their original position.
    This is how we do it in Technical Support. I would caution anyone that does not know about using the registry to be very careful. It's a dangerous place to play if you don't know what you are doing.
    Dan Park
    Customer Support Manager
    Chief Architect, Inc