Can't delete beams in ceiling....

Hi All - I'm a new user to this software and forum!

OK - I have been using BH Suite 8 for a week now and have created our future home, which is a 3 storey house (with the 3rd floor being an open air observation deck). I have quite a way to go for completion, but so far believe I have the basics set up. However, in the attachment you will see there are 3 rogue beams. I cannot delete them. I have tried deleting the level above (the open observation deck), and also the wall(s) the beams are attached to but these wood beams still remain floating in mid air!!

Additionally, there is a part of the exterior wall that looks odd (left hand side at floor level - under the window). Any idea what I have done wrong here? There seem to be a "gap" in the structure!

It may be fair of me to explain that I have no engineering experience whatsoever, but am extremely computer literate and learn very quickly just by "playing" with a program.

Any assistance/guidance would be much appreciated!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2nd floor problem.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	6884  
    Last edited by Tara T; 07-16-2008 at 07:28 AM.

Tara, did you re-build walls/floor/ceiling after deleting the upper level? Use F12 for that. It may remove the beams.

I don't know what to do for your second issue. Post a capture of the floor plan for us.

I noticed the exterior wall to the far left (part of the round wall) appears to have a couple heights. Is that what you intend to have?

do us all a favor and create a signature with your software and version number. You can do that by going to Quick Links and editing your signature.
    Don B.
    HD Pro 8 (Build 8.5.5.15)
    Windows XP Pro

Talking

Thanks Don. I ended up redesigning the structure slightly, so deleted all other floors and then rebuilt them. This seems to have fixed the problem for the time being. I noticed from the previous version I saved that there were "rogue" walls hidden under other walls. This may be why the problem occurred. I just need to be careful when I am "constructing". Once I learn more about this software, I'm hoping to find an easier way to find out if there are any floating walls where they shouldn't be etc.

In answer to your question, I did not intend on having different sized walls where the stairwell is. This was due to the rogue wall syndrome I mentioned above. Its fine now in my revised rendition of the house.

Thanks for your help though, I just needed to get some finalised measurements and structure to our architect urgently yesterday. Now the pressure is off, I can play around with the software a bit more and try to work why certain problems have occurred - I'm pretty sure its something I did or didn't do!!

Cheers.
    Tara T
    HD Suite 8
    Windows Vista Home Edition

Good luck Tara and thank you for adding the signature.

Concerning rogue walls, you should consider running Plan Check, if your software version has this tool. It may find problems like you describe.
    Don B.
    HD Pro 8 (Build 8.5.5.15)
    Windows XP Pro