Question Defaults not used for House Wizard?

For some reason, when I build with the house wizard, none of my defaults for walls, etc. are being used for the construction. Is that normal, and if not, how do I fix it?

Nope they don't

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjpman
    For some reason, when I build with the house wizard, none of my defaults for walls, etc. are being used for the construction. Is that normal, and if not, how do I fix it?
    Hi there,

Nope, the defaults aren't used with the house wizard.

I've used both Home Designer Deluxe 7 and now Architectural Home Designer 8 and the same happens with the Wizard.

But, saying that, it's simple, just past back on your interior walls and change them back to the size and style you want, then readjust your rooms. Voila.

The only thing that doesn't stay in any defaults is the wall thickness, which defaults to 100mm (I use 150mm and always metric of course). Everything else I put into the defaults, materials etc. always comes back when I reopen my plans, but never the walls always back down to 100mm.

Saying that sounds bad, but it's a piece of cake to fix and makes it fun to take a couple more minutes to get your plan really to your taste, I'm sorry if it's not the answer you were hoping for.

Yours in construction

Wynter Myst
    2007 HDDeluxe 7
    2008 AHDesign 8
    http://mcdb.jimdo.com
    S - Windows XP, Vista

"Witchcraft does not work on this program "

Thumbs up

Thanks for the input Wynter. I appreciate it.